Business Genius

I moved to Denmark from the UK, this is my blog.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Our correspondent writes . . .

It's one of those lovely, tranquil English spring evenings. Dusk is a few hours off, the birds are chattering and I am going to take advantage of it by heading out for a walk. Sorry for the delay, there hasn't been too much to report. I'm just counting down the days until I go back to Copenhagen. It's difficult maintaining a blog about starting a business in one country but spending a fortnight in a completely different country. I miss my girlfriend. I miss the view from my flat out onto the beautiful apartment buildings in Jaegersborggade.
On a brighter note, I ventured over to the foreign desk at the Mail yesterday and told them about my situation. I asked if I could ever be of any use and they said potentially yes. So I am now a Daily Mail Scandinavia correspondent. Well, kind of. I doubt there will be too many assignments - the Mail is not renowned for its international news coverage - but it is a good opportunity.
I have had some bad news from my best friend down in Australia. Or rather he has had some bad news which it wouldn't be fair to broadcast. But I would like to say how much I admire him for what he's done. He took the leap two years ago and went over to Oz with no job, one contact and nothing but self-belief. He's doing brilliantly out there and he helped me realise that life is there to be lived. He's had a few rough blows in recent weeks but he's bearing up, the kiddy-fiddling reprobate (I joke).
I realise that I've been coming on a bit heavy with the homespun philosophising recently. I'm sorry. There can't be many more annoying spectacles than a self-absorbed buffoon blithering on about life, the universe and nothing in particular.
So i'm going to try and tone it down. Cheers everyone.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your friend too Aaron, 2006 has been a shocker for a lot of reasons. Really enjoy reading your stuff - makes me smile, but yes agree that you are becoming a little deep - i say stop searching and thinking about the future and just enjoy the now! Surely easy enough with the Farriers on hand for a while?!!
Good luck with your business efforts dude, will keep my fingers crossed for you! Take Care, Vicky

 

Post a Comment

<< Home