Business Genius

I moved to Denmark from the UK, this is my blog.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

In God I Thrust



One thing I've noticed about Copenhagen is the abundance of pretty cool graffiti. I quite like this one. It was right next to a church coincidentally enough. Not much to report on the business front. I've approached two organisations now with examples of what I can do. I took some text off their sites and reshaped it, correcting grammar and spelling and whatnot. No bites yet but I feel fairly confident in the service I'm offering. I think it's important that I have a website set up sooner rather than later, even if it's just to give the illusion of professionalism. Ideally I will have a client or two to bung up on the site but we'll see. I'm heading back to the UK tomorrow for ten days or so. Should be able to get a fair bit of work but in a way it's annoying to have to go home just when I'm making some headway here. I'll call the two organisations I've contacted so far before I go. Even if it's a no it will be useful to get some feedback. I put the blog up on an Everton supporters' forum I like and got some fairly positive responses which was good. I think the idea of starting your own company is quite popular with people of a certain age. Usually we've worked for quite a while - it doesn't matter what industry - and wageslaving is starting to take its toll. Self-sufficiency is extremely appealing but for most people the financial risk is too great. I'm lucky here in Denmark, our rent is much cheaper than an equivalent place in London. As for me I'm happier than I have been in a long time. I ride my bike, go for coffee, eat pizza in the evenings with my lovely girlfriend and monkey around on the net. What more can a boy want?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home