Business Genius

I moved to Denmark from the UK, this is my blog.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Double take

I saw him again today, the flute player I mean. He got on the tube just before my stop so I didn't get to see his whole routine this time. I did a double-take when I saw him; it feels like we are somehow connected now. I am intrigued by him (as you can probably tell). London is pretty well-stocked with oddballs but there is something about his mournful expression which moves me. I thought about him as I walked along Kensington High Street, negotiating a path through all the beautiful people. I pictured him gently blowing into his flute, the vast majority of his fellow passengers feigning deafness, moving from carriage to carriage, tube to tube. I'd like to think that he's a former virtuoso, not quite recovered from a breakdown and unable to refrain from succumbing to his peculiar compulsion of playing on the tube. But that's just the florid imagination of someone who's read too many 19th century French novels. Whatever the truth, he has provided me with more stimulation than anything else these past few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home