Business Genius

I moved to Denmark from the UK, this is my blog.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Shit

Things are on a knife-edge. I should hear this week about the job in Copenhagen but the longer I go without knowing the less confident I get. In the meantime things are going from bad to worse here. I spent the whole day at the Mail today and got to work on one shitty story which did not make the paper anyway. I feel like a complete outsider there. My boss was not in today and my name was not even on the rota. I am not down for any other days either! I'll ring him tomorrow and see what the situation is. Maybe I can get a few more days out of them before heading back to Copenhagen on Friday. I feel uneasy. If I don't get this job there are not many more options I feel. But I really don't want to come home. The daily schlep in and out of London is soul-destroying. And then I get to sit in silence for six hours, occasionally exchanging the odd forced pleasantry with the full-timers but generally being ignored. What does the future hold? Tune in tomorrow for another episode in the not so scintillating life of BUSINESS GENIUUUUUUUUSSSSS.

3 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Aaron - just heard what you were up to and wanted to wish you well. On the topic of translating into correct English, I have recently purchased something called 'MIRACULOUS INSECTICIDE CHALK' to kill the cockroaches, as my policy of peaceful cohabitation has proved unworkable. This product is made in China and has the following warning: 'KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND OLD MAN'. Sydney is glorious - come and visit again soon. Love, Rosie.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Head up mate, keep plugging away and don't let the bastards get you down!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Aaron78 said...

hi rosie, good to hear from you! I'd give my right arm to come to sydney at the mo! Have you seen Tom recently?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home