Business Genius

I moved to Denmark from the UK, this is my blog.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Birds and worms

The theme from Twin Peaks, the opening music for the BBC documentary series Arena and now this beautiful video from Sol Seppy. What do these pieces of music have in common? Nothing except they all elicit the same emotional reaction from me; an inchoate longing for something barely tangible - to feel the way I did when I was 11 or 12. Not just feel it but be there again and experience that bewilderment and innocent ardour anew. When I watch this video I imagine myself standing in a field under a warm sun, alone except for the birds and the worms, my thoughts blurring, wanting to see her, needing to be near her, wondering why I felt this way, not knowing what any of this means.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that twin peaks tune. Did I just miss your birthday or am I thinking of Nicks? Or have I missed both! Happy Belated Birthday if so and let me know about Nick's if you can remember :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home