Business Genius

I moved to Denmark from the UK, this is my blog.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Walkmen

The Walkmen have a new album out you might like to know. Here's a funny story about them. A few years ago when they released Bows and Arrows I bought tickets to see them at the Garage in Highbury. I would have gone with my girlfriend but we split up shortly before. I managed to convince a friend to come with me though. However, such was my emotional frailty that I found the whole thing a bit too difficult. Going into London just reminded me of my girlfriend as she had since moved to Kentish Town and about five minutes after getting to the venue I started to feel sick. One minute after that I was outside throwing up my M&S spaghetti bolognese ready meal. Soon after my friend arrived. He was already several pints into his own evening's entertainment but I didn't want to drink. I felt hopelessly lost and alone. Then the band came on and I felt as if at last someone knew what I was thinking. As Hamilton Leithauser (great name) belted out The Rat I knew a kindred spirit was in the room. So I like The Walkmen. Go and buy the album A Hundred Miles Off. Even if Pitchfork have slammed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home